Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Chance:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jbriii
    replied
    Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. This story has captivated me since I first started reading it on FS. The way it was written I could picture everything so clearly like I was right there. I too am glad Charlie survived. I know where you were coming form with your original intent though. I think you gave us the true picture of the dangers of Islam. But God does work in misterious ways......... :)

    BTW - Wasn't that really Charlie's 3rd Chance after surviving?

    Leave a comment:


  • errn
    replied
    Grand,

    Just gotta second all the others,

    "Thank you!!!"
    don

    Leave a comment:


  • Fanderal
    replied
    Thank You Grand for an amazing ride; better than most roller coasters.

    Islam IS the greatest threat we have ever faced, and in the end it will come down to genocide. THEM or US. We must somehow get them to understand that the choices are tolerance, and co-existence, for everyone, or NON-EXISTENCE for them. Personally I don't think they are that trainable.


    Anyway, Thanks again Grand
    Fanderal

    Leave a comment:


  • Bear4570
    replied
    Not to be repeatitive but WOW....just WOW

    Thank you for taking the time and effort in writing this story. I have read and enjoyed your previous works but this was by far my favorite...hands down. Your writing has a way of pulling the reader into the story and getting them not only involved at an intellectual level but at an emotional level as well and that sir is a god given talent and we as readers have been blessed the be the recipients of that gift.

    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    Thank you for putting the other story aside! You illustrate what radical islam is willing to do and remind us ALL to be diligent to fight it. Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing.

    elittle
    former K-town resident

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwynmael
    replied
    Whew! Thanks for keeping Charlie around, I got pretty attached.
    The ending for me is perfect. It wraps things up and satisfies my desire to find out what happens "later".
    And YES your writing talent IS worthy of publication, recognition, and payment! I'd happily purchase a hardback and would willingly scrounge to do it.
    Thanks again, Grand

    Leave a comment:


  • jpr9954
    replied
    What a great way to start the morning!

    I have been following Second Chance since the beginning and I have to say when Cindy called the Sheriff of Unicoi County "Dad", my eyes began to water a bit. I have always enjoyed this story and its location as I live just across the border in the Asheville, NC area and am somewhat familiar with Erwin and Unicoi County.

    Thank you for finishing this story and I look for more stories to come from your talented pen.

    Leave a comment:


  • sewbeit221
    replied
    Wow!
    Your ending did not dissapoint, this was totally entertaining as well as educational. So many frightening things I did not know about shari'a law. Thanks again Grand for sharing your gift and again so sorry for being a jerk.

    Leave a comment:


  • eeyore
    replied
    Thanks for not killing Charlie off, great story

    Leave a comment:


  • sabretech2001
    replied
    Thanks for this story, Grand. I'm looking forward to more of your story telling

    Leave a comment:


  • Tarakian
    replied
    Grand, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I agree with your thoughts on this story as well.

    Thanks for sharing this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfroot
    replied
    Grand,

    You know I was following you at another site. It's a shame it came to you having to pull your work down over there, but you were kind enough to IM me and let me know where I could find your most excellent work at another site.

    I went back through my IM folder at the first site and found your full screen name, numbers and all, and off to google I went. Found you here. I log in every night to see what's going on with Charlie and the rest of the crowd. That's just how much I like your story line and writing style. You are a truly gifted man!

    I lurk a lot in other areas of the site, and post mostly in the firearms section, since that's what I know most about. I try to steer people the right direction with what I've learned in 40+ years of firearm ownership.

    I believe that this is my first post in this thread, but, as I said, I check it every night. I am not, and will not, be one of the "MOAR!!!" crowd. You can't rush perfection.

    You can't imagine how thrilled I was when I came back from a long weekend with the wife and saw that you were posting a chapter every night! It was like Christmas had come in September!

    I hate to say it, but I am going to parrot some of the other posters in this thread. You need a publisher. I know you write because you just like to write, but look at it like this, "Do what you love for a living and you'll never work a day in your life". BTW, that's not some profound statement that I thought of on my own, I stole it from a Geico commercial. LOL

    Lastly, Thank You for a wonderful read. I'll be patiently looking forward to your next work.

    Tim
    Last edited by Grand58742; 09-15-2011, 02:23 AM. Reason: we don't discuss other forum's business

    Leave a comment:


  • riorust
    replied
    Grand, you totally rock! I am new on this forum. Amazing story, put it in PDF format and sell it....I would buy a copy or two.

    Thank you for all your work!

    Leave a comment:


  • Firestorm
    replied
    TALK ABOUT PEOPLE WAITING FOR THE MORNING PRESS TO HIT THE STANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THANKS GRAND

    BE SAFE AND TAKE CARE

    FIRESTORM
    Last edited by Firestorm; 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChemicalGal
    replied
    So glad I stayed up late and got to see the end. Terrific ending ...so glad you kept
    Charlie around.
    Wonderful story ....Thank you
    Jo

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X