Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Second Chance:
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Grand, I know you said you have refused all sorts of offers, but this one you can't refuse. I made a donation to the Wounded Warrior Foundation in your screen name. Thanks for the story and never ever stop writing, you have a very special gift...
-
Honestly, completely and entirely different genres and completely different authors. Those three are great stories in their right. Second Chance is an entirely different story. And while I thank the praise, I'd prefer not to be compared to other authors who have actually gotten their stones up and published their books. As of right now, I'm an amateur and nothing more. Those guys are the pros at this.Originally posted by Pop_45 View PostI have read Lights Out, Patriots, and One second after. Second Chance is better than them.
Leave a comment:
-
Jellyman, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this:
I have read Lights Out, Patriots, and One second after. Second Chance is better than them.I compare the quality of your writing with Lights Out or Patriots, both of which are published.
Leave a comment:
-
grand and mods:
I am so sorry that there are readers out there who think only in terms of self. they forget the rest of that word, you folks do what you do for selfless reasons, while they whine for selfish ones. your work really stands out though, grand. I stand by my earlier comments; you are an author who needs publishing! I compare the quality of your writing with Lights Out or Patriots, both of which are published. So, why not? Let the selfish eat dirt, while you reap a bit of reward for your selfless sweat.
Leave a comment:
-
Holy cow! Hats off to 1Admin and all of the mods & admins (and the Authors!) for having to deal with that! Y'all certainly did a good job of keeping it cleaned up cuz I was fortunate enough not to see any of it.
I don't comment often because, while I love to read, the words that flow from my fingers are often very inarticulate. Grand please know that the gift of your writing and posting for us to read is truly appreciated. Unfortunate that the jerks are everywhere.
Leave a comment:
-
Yer kiddin' ? I thought they were just teasing. Jucking Ferks!
Grand darlin' I hope you know none of the rest of us feel that way?
Leave a comment:
-
+1,000 That same thought has went through more than a few minds around here recently...Originally posted by ChemicalGal View PostGrand & 1admin
I think I can understand FS's frustration with the story section and cutting it off if this is what happens with it and sincerely appreciate what you and the mods go through.snip
Again thank you
Jo
Leave a comment:
-
Grand & 1admin
I think I can understand FS's frustration with the story section and cutting it off if this is what happens with it and sincerely appreciate what you and the mods go through.
But I also hope this doesn't stop Grand from writing he has great talent and we do appreciate it.
So whether you release the Epilog tomorrow or next week or next month (oh my gosh..shut my mouth) we will be happy to wait for it.
Again thank you
Jo
Leave a comment:
-
Grand,
I have enjoyed reading what you write tremendously. Having failed at a couple of story attempts, I hope I've never been a detractor of anyone willing to make the effort, then GIVE the results of their toil and sweat to us. Thank you!!!!
Admin1,
amen and amen.
don
Leave a comment:
-
I will buy your novel as I have already enjoyed it, send me the paypal link............
Leave a comment:
-
GRAND WHO EVER POSTED THAT NEEDS TO GET A LIFE!!!
Grand I and We love YOUR work. THANKS AGAIN FOR Y O U R stories!
FS
Leave a comment:
-
It's lungs.Originally posted by Fanderal View PostI hate EVERYONE named CLIFF, or Clifford, or anything that can be shortened to Cliff. Is there a female form of Cliff? I hate her too.
PS,
one day some one should write a post called 'all I need to know about OPSEC I learnt from PAW'
Leave a comment:
-
OK, gonna post this here so that we don't have any problems with the folks that don't seem to read all the notices, warnings, ROE for the fiction section threads, etc.
Guys and gals- MAKE us WANT to keep this subforum open. Make it a good thing, not a place where we have to go in and edit some flipping cry baby arse posts where someone is whining cause they expected Steven Spielberg to pop out of their computer, entertain the crap out of them and bedazzle them, then take them to dinner, all for no cost, work or effort on their part. Or some pansy arse little fool is crying for the author to write quicker after we made it clear 100 times to chill out on crap like that.
What the frig is wrong with people like this? Seriously.
A poster didn't like Grand's writing style/timing of his post- well he doesn't have to worry about reading it again on this site, problem solved.
A couple months back I posted this-
after that other site ended their fiction forum.
Some of the more pertinent parts of that thread-
We are looking for QUALITY folks that will PARTICIPATE in the forums. I don't think any forum/group/website is looking for leeches that will just come and seek free info then bi%ch about it when policies change. Maybe the LIBERALS are looking for people like that, but then again, they HAVE millions like that already....
While we welcome most everyone, we don't tolerate the welfare mentality here. If you never posted anything and just leeched info off another forum and got booted for it- LEARN FROM THAT EXPERIENCE. Their IS a lesson there if you take the emotions out of it.
and of course this part-
Tolerance for stupidity is at an ALL TIME LOW with the mods and admins for this sort of thing folks.The other important matter is geared towards the READERS.
Some of the folks writing have a lot of time to write, others do not. You are NOT flattering them, "helping them", etc. by posting rude comments pushing them to write faster, more, etc. Cut the bull folks! Most of these writers are good folks, they like writing and that's why they are doing it! Keep that in context- you are NOT "paying" for their story. Posting crap like "STILL waiting for the next installment" or "It's been two months and no new chapters, this story is dead" is just being a flippin jerk. Yep I said it.....
Use some respect, show some courtesy to these folks writing or you'll be shown the door, period. You may think your being "cute" or "encouraging" them by dogging them for not having a new installment up every 3.5 seconds, but more times than not, it's not read that way by the writer. EASE UP on that stuff.
If you repeatedly went to a friend's house, ate dinner there every night, sucked down everything they gave you, NEVER or very rarely said thank you, never picked up after yourself and then after all that goodwill started bi%ching about the food, would you be surprised when you weren't invited back or when you were popped in the mouth?
THINK ABOUT IT.
Robert Henry
1admin/ Owner of Survivalandpreparedness.com
Leave a comment:
-
Hey Grand, having written a couple of stories in the past I understand what happens.
TaKe it all as a compliment for most that are less than polite havent written a story
and have NO idea what it takes to properly visualize the story and transfer it to written word
while trying to have a life also.
Your story has been fantastic, the realizism far to real and very timely. Hope you continue
using your skill in putting thought to words.
Puternut
(The Long Road Home, The Quest)
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: