Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Chance:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pop_45
    replied
    Grand;
    You are an excellent writer. This is the best story I've read online, bar none. I for one appreciate all the effort you put into the stories, and I thank you.

    I, like most every one here, realize that real life happens. The suspense and cliffhangers are part of the story. A part that you use beautifully. It keeps us coming back for more. Did I mention, I've started chewing my nails? I'm already up to the second knuckle on the left hand and first knuckle on the right. {/humor off}

    You post when it's right for you, not somebody else' schedule.
    Pop.

    Leave a comment:


  • jbriii
    replied
    Hey Grand, don't sweat people. We appreciate your stories and understand it is on your time. At least you should be happy it's not - please don't post anymore........ :) Seriously, you have great talent and it's much appreciated by those of us who need an escape from the real word now and again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    Thank you for the words Fanderal.

    I will post up the ending tomorrow. Not because of the timing or because I planned to. Only because I don't want the mods and admins continuing to have to delete posts or lock threads on my part. This is my mess and I'll clean it up the only way I know how.

    And for the poster who thinks I'm far too slow in writing. I just want to remind you I write at no expense to you nor do I ask anyone for anything else. I've turned down several offers of incentives and gratuity offered to me because I wasn't comfortable with receiving anything for something I was doing because I wanted to and giving it away for free.

    Additionally, if you did a Google search with my screen name, you would find I've posted up other stories that are easy to find and even in a downloadable format. So I'm very, very, very sorry to disappoint you for not keeping a regular schedule that you think is appropriate. I'm sure my real, paying job would be understanding of me writing full time and forgoing my oath of enlistment to make folks happy. <sarcasm off>

    I really don't know or care if you were serious or not, but the way you worded your post was not cool in the least. And I'd prefer you leave it at that and not attempt to get the last word in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fanderal
    replied
    WHINE WHINE WHINE,,,,,He will publish no word before it's time.

    Remember suspense never killed anyone.

    I hate EVERYONE named CLIFF, or Clifford, or anything that can be shortened to Cliff. Is there a female form of Cliff? I hate her too.

    If I didn't like it, and enjoy it some much, it wouldn't hurt so much.........Don't let Charlie die,,,,,everybody who wants to help Charlie live clap your hands....oh wait that was Tinkerbell...sorry senior moment....is it just me that finds a post-menopausal women, playing the part of a pre-adolescent male, who won't grow up, just so wrong......and who here remembers when Mary Martin played Peter?

    (currently in OKC they are advertizing Kathy Riggby playing Peter, in Peter Pan)

    Who else has played the part?

    Sorry for the thread drift Grand, hopefully if I can keep the heard distracted (confused) they won't get too rowdy.
    :)
    Fanderal
    Last edited by Fanderal; 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM. Reason: cause I could

    Leave a comment:


  • hawkhunter
    replied
    Don't push to much as he may make us wait longer. I feel that the Grand is treating this as a fine wine knowing the longer the wait the better the taste...

    Leave a comment:


  • WiseOwl
    replied
    Originally posted by elittle View Post
    Be patient everyone....Grand will post when he is ready.
    Exactly sir!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    Be patient everyone....Grand will post when he is ready.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeep
    replied
    I also think you should publish the story. You are an excellent writer and find you a publisher and go for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tnhunter
    replied
    Being from Upper, upper East Tennessed, this story has been awesome. Knowing the area, (Unicoi county, Erwin, Johnson City, etc) has made the story personal to me. Great jog, you should have NO trouble getting this published.

    Leave a comment:


  • WiseOwl
    replied
    Originally posted by Grand58742 View Post
    What kind of story would I have without any suspense? The epilogue hasn't been posted (yet) but it's already written.
    Take your time sir, I have been awaiting this ending since I joined this site last year and the whole journey has been worth it......one of the best stories I have ever read, in Survival Fiction, you have made my Top 5.

    <Applause>

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwynmael
    replied
    I think RememberGoliad has it right - just like FOTH with Einar & Liz.

    Grand - ouch. ;) If I get any further on the edge of my seat I'm going to fall off!
    I think the only thing worse than waiting for news at a hospital is the frantic drive to get there.

    This story, I'm trying to come up with a better word cuz it just doesn't do it justice, has been a roller coaster of emotions. Surprise, hope, anger, fear, curiousity, panic, joy, pain, anticipation, dread, tears, laughter, heart thumping action, and gasps of shock. The best stories always are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    What kind of story would I have without any suspense? The epilogue hasn't been posted (yet) but it's already written.

    Leave a comment:


  • RememberGoliad
    replied
    Originally posted by eeyore View Post
    I believe there is the epilogue (according to a previous post he made). What i'm secertly hopeing is that he re writting and adding some stuff, i can not wait.

    Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong Grand. Excellent story by the way
    Simple: He's waiting to see how Charlie pulls through :D

    Leave a comment:


  • eeyore
    replied
    Originally posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Two, one chapter and the epilogue.
    I believe there is the epilogue (according to a previous post he made). What i'm secertly hopeing is that he re writting and adding some stuff, i can not wait.

    Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong Grand. Excellent story by the way

    Leave a comment:


  • CLT46910
    replied
    Originally posted by goatlady View Post
    Did I miss the epilogue somewhere that wraps it all up?
    I was wondering the same thing.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X