Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Chance:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kihnspiracy
    replied
    Grand, that was an excellent story.

    Leave a comment:


  • zeker
    replied
    thank you so much Grand.. truly magnificent writing. thank you again
    gord in canada

    Leave a comment:


  • eeyore
    replied
    I was wondering if Grand was being prophetic or if someone in the Tenn. Legislature is reading his stories?

    Constitutional Sheriff Bill Introduced in Tenn. http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...oduced-in-tenn

    Leave a comment:


  • RunAndGun
    replied
    Originally posted by RememberGoliad View Post
    You know when you move, like way away, and think of friends in your old AO, and wonder how they're getting along? Well, in the last week or so, I've had those kinds of thoughts about Cindy, Charlie, Erica, Toby, and the rest of the 'family'. That is a tribute to your ability to bring the characters to life, and the impossibly challenging task of keeping it fictional and at the same time believable.

    You, sir, are one of the best authors whose works I've been privileged to read. When you publish for-real, for-profit, I will buy one--nay, more than one; it's only fair, I've been given something by you that I would gladly pay for.

    Many thanks again!
    +1 What he said!

    Leave a comment:


  • RememberGoliad
    replied
    You know when you move, like way away, and think of friends in your old AO, and wonder how they're getting along? Well, in the last week or so, I've had those kinds of thoughts about Cindy, Charlie, Erica, Toby, and the rest of the 'family'. That is a tribute to your ability to bring the characters to life, and the impossibly challenging task of keeping it fictional and at the same time believable.

    You, sir, are one of the best authors whose works I've been privileged to read. When you publish for-real, for-profit, I will buy one--nay, more than one; it's only fair, I've been given something by you that I would gladly pay for.

    Many thanks again!
    Last edited by RememberGoliad; 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM. Reason: emphasis added to my appreciation

    Leave a comment:


  • Fido
    replied
    Hey Grand, Thanks for the eye strain LOL.

    Great read. Couldn't pull myself away from the screen.

    Thanks a bunch for sharing.

    Fido

    Leave a comment:


  • Boyd
    replied
    =-Since the PM's limit you to 500 Char's and I had a wordy response and don't want to wait 3000 seconds to put it all together.. -=

    Honestly I had never read any of your fiction till this past week, even when FS had it open. I was going back through my PM's here and remembered you were also a Mod of the fiction forum and appreciated how you helped me edit my story down to make it more forum friendly and stumbled across yours. Second Chance was the first of yours I've read and I agree with many here;

    You do write as well as the authors of One Second After, Lights out etc. There is a part of the story that sort of hit home for me as well. My wife and I operate a Group home for at risk teens and runaways, and have one of the last large group home/foster care licenses in the state. Being a prepper and trying to live the lifestyle has put me under scrutiny of the county agency, dhs and state at times. All they care about in the end is if the kids are safe.

    Just like your Gov from Tenn!! I don't know how much you know about CPS or the adoption process, but you've actually hit it very close to perfect!

    I am also sort of an out of the closet prepper so to speak which makes OPSEC a bit difficult.. (any advice?) :) We've had kids say we had no running water or we have no food in the house (so they could try to get home) and I've shown them the well, the hand pump, and the food storage as well as the gardens, rabbit pens etc.. So.. Not sure how safe the preps are at my main location, but my backup BOL can be stocked up rather quickly from the house stores..

    Now it's time to Devour Lucky..

    Thanks Man!


    =Boyd=

    Leave a comment:


  • raggeldy
    Guest replied
    Im another one who followed this story "over there" cant say how happy I was to find it here. THANKS!

    Leave a comment:


  • shooter
    replied
    Simply OUTSTANDING !!! Thank You for taking your time to provide us with a quality story. Have faith that you are where god wants you to be, and stay safe!

    Leave a comment:


  • William731
    replied
    Grand, please let me know when this hits print!!! I'll take 3 copies. Great story, thank you so much for taking the time to write it!!! now... Get some sleep!! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    Muchas Gracies for a great story mi amigo!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • okiefly
    replied
    Thanks, grand, this should sell well. I hope you can post your nonfiction experiences over there that gave you the insight to write this story.
    Thanks to admin for activating my account!

    Leave a comment:


  • RVN11B
    replied
    For some reason I feel really good now.

    Must have been the ending.

    Congratulations to a fantastic story done well!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ozarks Lady
    replied
    Originally posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Next? Next I get a good night's sleep lol

    Well maybe one or two.. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • wogglebug
    replied
    Thank you!

    Grand, just grand.

    There's a difference between a storyteller and an author.
    The best stories are told by someone who is competent or better as both.
    That would be you.
    Again, thank you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X