Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Chance:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1Admin
    replied
    I think he's saying John has a long mustache..... ;) I'm not sure either.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    Originally posted by overbore View Post
    Persuant to my PM, we have a 1919 businessman who has just moved to Blairsville, Ga.

    Laus Deo
    overbore
    I'm sorry?

    Leave a comment:


  • overbore
    replied
    Persuant to my PM, we have a 1919 businessman who has just moved to Blairsville, Ga.

    Laus Deo
    overbore

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    I'll be putting up the next installment in a couple of days. Patience

    Leave a comment:


  • goatlady
    replied
    Really, really enjoy this story. Waiting "patiently" for the next installment and thank you in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bear4570
    replied
    Welcome Home Grand, Great story keep up the good work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pop_45
    replied
    Grand, can't tell you how happy I am to find this story on this site. The thought of not being able to finish this story was giving me the D-T's. Thank you for the story, and good luck with the house hunting.
    Pop

    Leave a comment:


  • fallout boy
    replied
    tell them all to come and writ over hear!

    Leave a comment:


  • DustMusher
    replied
    Grand,

    Welcome home and I agree with you on reading beyond the Survival Shorts. There is a whole lot of very valid and useful info here -- I am (too slowly) reading through the other areas to find what knowlege has already been posted and to what level. Some of the info I have run across, has blown me away - it is great.

    I have not posted much, but have been prepping since before roll-over and have a lot of info - garnered and discovered, much through the school of hard knocks, once I get an idea of this Forum, I will start posting survival info - I just don't want to become the 698th person to post why you need to have 1,000 widgits and how to store them. . . .<G>

    Now waiting for some more chapters. . . . . . . . need coffee?

    DM

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    Originally posted by 1Admin View Post
    Readers need to participate in the forums as well.
    This more than anything in my opinion. This forum has a lot to offer and not just the fiction section. There is a lot of knowledge here and frankly not a lot of folks read past the fiction section. I'd prefer to see more folks getting involved in the other threads and spreading out some knowledge. While other forums are more established and have a broader base of knowledge, this forum is young and gives the opportunity for one to be at the forefront of assisting those beginners (and even veteran preppers) with getting their start or with new ideas on old problems. It's not often one can help shape an internet forum from the gorund up with their knowledge, but this one has presented an opportunity for knowledge to be shared without getting lost in the "background clutter."

    Just a simple request for folks to get more involved in the other aspects of this forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • RVN11B
    replied
    Well just to keep things up to speed, GRAND you do good work! Oh and welcome back to the free world. such as it is. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    Roger that Mnn. We are glad to have Grand here and any of the other writers.

    We prefer to just "nip it in the bud" when the complaining about other places starts.

    Leave a comment:


  • mnn2300
    replied
    Originally posted by 1Admin View Post
    We do not discuss Other Forums policies, politics, etc. here. While we welcome both writers and readers, we do like to see participation from BOTH sides of the equation.

    In other words, if your enjoying a work of fiction here, let the author know that. Some have a lot of time to write, others don't. Encourage them but don't hound them. Readers need to participate in the forums as well.
    Certainly and I have no problem posting in this and in other parts of the forum also.
    Since you do not want us discussing other boards (understandable) I guess I shouldn't try to explain my comment other than to say I was very glad to find this particular story.

    Leave a comment:


  • kaijafon
    replied
    mnn2300, i have a list of where some of the writers are; just email me. I cannot PM you cause I do not have enough posts yet here. kaijafon at gmail dot com

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by mnn2300 View Post
    Yeah, me too, banned over there for not posting enough in the owners preferred area's<<shaking head>>. I was only about halfway through this story there, so glad I found it here. Now I just read the folllowing "Fiction is closed, not open to discussion".
    Would love to see Paradox and Kathy's and other people's stories too, if any of y'all know where to find them please let us know. I enjoy survivalist and homesteading type forums but the fiction was the main reason I was there.
    Anyway, thanks for your writing, hope you are enjoying your leave and I look forward to reading more of your stories, you are a very talented writer.
    We do not discuss Other Forums policies, politics, etc. here. While we welcome both writers and readers, we do like to see participation from BOTH sides of the equation.

    In other words, if your enjoying a work of fiction here, let the author know that. Some have a lot of time to write, others don't. Encourage them but don't hound them. Readers need to participate in the forums as well.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X