Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Chance:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tech
    replied
    Great installment as usual, Grand! Thank you for the effort you put into these...

    Leave a comment:


  • saeb
    replied
    Great as always. I love reading your stories!

    Leave a comment:


  • dmfield
    replied
    Great story Grand. Keep it coming.

    Leave a comment:


  • RememberGoliad
    replied
    Thanks, Grand! I truly appreciate the entertaining and informative nature of your story, and I like the way you think---and that is why I enjoy the story so much!

    I got a good chuckle about the interloping rafters.... and I can identify with Charlie and his protective attitude. I have enough daughters to where that almost got to be a normal expression for my face, when they were teens :)

    Thanks again!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ozarks Lady
    replied
    Well this could be a make it or break it time for Hassan. It would be really great to see him "get it" and work with the law to close down this cell of Muslims.

    Thanks Grand. Looking forward to the next chapter
    Last edited by Grand58742; 07-30-2011, 10:47 AM. Reason: Hints not needed...see 1Admin tacked post for specifics

    Leave a comment:


  • RunAndGun
    replied
    Thanks Grand! Great reading as always!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pop_45
    replied
    Thanks Grand for taking the time to write and post your stories. They are highly anticipated by this old fart and greatly appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    CHAPTER 50



    The camp was going good with the exception of having to saw up more firewood as they had burned off more the previous evening than planned. Mitch had warned them they didn

    Leave a comment:


  • RunAndGun
    replied
    Ah! Clear on what "roll over" is now. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Yeti
    replied
    Originally posted by goatlady View Post
    When the calander "rolled over" to the new centry i.e. from 1999 to 2000. That was a period when there was extreme concern all computer controlled anything would crash cause the computers were not programmed for that particular date change. Many, many computer tech companies were working many months in advance of that time to correct the erroneous programming and apparently were 99% successful.
    What most failed to realize is us geeks made a ton of money off of it because we had already handled it in 1969 for the big banks and their thirty year mortgage notes.
    I know with my chosen software of choice for programming, it was handled internally by the software as long as you coded using the Date Format for your field in the mid-80's.

    That was why Y2K was such a non-event.
    Most of the panic was in billing / invoice applications.

    Leave a comment:


  • goatlady
    replied
    When the calander "rolled over" to the new centry i.e. from 1999 to 2000. That was a period when there was extreme concern all computer controlled anything would crash cause the computers were not programmed for that particular date change. Many, many computer tech companies were working many months in advance of that time to correct the erroneous programming and apparently were 99% successful.

    Leave a comment:


  • RunAndGun
    replied
    Originally posted by DustMusher View Post
    Grand,


    I have not posted much, but have been prepping since before roll-over and have a lot of info - garnered and discovered, much through the school of hard knocks, once I get an idea of this Forum,<G>


    DM
    The above quote was the inspiration of my previous question regarding "roll over". I have seen the term used before in this context but am not clear what it means.

    Thank for the great jokes folks!

    Leave a comment:


  • overbore
    replied
    John??? No, I do! I am under a bit of medical strain with wife of 46 years- surgery Thursday so not hitting th Post keys on schedule.

    OB.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    Originally posted by RunAndGun View Post
    Off topic but I have seen the term "roll over" mentioned more than once in this forum. What does that mean?
    Typically it's to get me to stop snoring

    [cue laughter]

    Yeah folks, best be glad I have a day job.

    Leave a comment:


  • RunAndGun
    replied
    Really glad your home and relaxing some!

    Off topic but I have seen the term "roll over" mentioned more than once in this forum. What does that mean?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X