Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The basics" have been lost in combat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    Balance in all things
    There is no job in the Military that is unimportant and those gruntwork jobs are daily whereas the coolios are not. I've said it before Shooters are tacticool but LOGISTICS rule. I wouldnt want a bunch of specops with no additional talents around me in the suck.
    There are more posting devoted to skills than tactics here on S&P. The unfortunate side is there is an equal amount of politics and .Gov whining/hating which has little use.
    I also agree with 1Admin on many not being ready even though they think they are.
    Ownership does not equate skill: You can buy more, better and faster than me but you are not more ready
    Being a shape isnt being a shape: which relates to all aspects of survival and life in general
    You cant Buy your way out of the issue: New age Prepper mentality, that will be my supply chain, i saw many on that NatGeo show who will leave some real nice stuff around. Take H-town pole dancer, she left a trail of tears from her backpack strung all over on her "bug out hike". More stuff came off that pack than falls out of a bomber on a straif.
    and Dedication isnt secondary: You talk alot but dont show up to training OR dont improve when you do then are not being real and you will be called out on it or dropped. Pretenders will be eaten first
    Last edited by Matt In Oklahoma; 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Great post.

    But don't kid yourself, many of us that think we are "ready" for fighting never train, never train realistically, never train where WE are the ones behind the power curve, etc.

    Too often we prepare for a PRO-active fight when we will probably be involved in a RE-active fight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grand58742
    replied
    Outstanding post. Certainly one that bears reading since it is not far off the mark.

    Leave a comment:


  • WILL
    started a topic "The basics" have been lost in combat

    "The basics" have been lost in combat

    Ever get tired of tactical threads. I'm on another board where these "tactical threads" usually devolve to the point where most participants are resolved to holing up in a bunker with a 1000 yard clearing around them, awake 24/7, killing anything that moves outside. I do agree that there may be a time frame of up to a year or more where the wheels have fallen off society and it's very dangerous because people are starving to death and desperate. I get that, and agree with taking basic self defense measures to ensure survival. I just get to the point in those threads where I start becoming skeptical of peoples combat talk because it starts conflicting with the reality of what needs to be done daily to sustain life.

    I suspect reality is that you will still have to engage in the OUTDOORS, very time consuming, difficult, daily chores that support life. This is especially true in a grid down situation where fuel supplies have been affected or even in a depression situation where you simply can
Working...
X