Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BO Gasoline storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Benn Gleck
    replied
    Romulus, good price buy 'em!

    Leave a comment:


  • Romulus
    replied
    Ok, I've done more research on the subject and now know enough to be REALLY dangerous!! :) I found an interesting article called the Jerry can paperswww.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/.../Jerry%20Can%20Paper%20V1.3.pdf It's a little outdated since the new Federal Laws went into effect in 2009, but still interesting reading. Also found what appears to be a good deal on new cans at http://www.schotsmanequipment.com/. The price is without spouts, but if using a "super siphon" I don't see a need for a spout for my needs anyway. These do not have the "not for fuel use" on the can.
    Last edited by Romulus; 03-23-2011, 03:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Benn Gleck
    replied
    Originally posted by Klayton View Post
    Umm why does the side of the Jerry Cans say NOT FOR FUEL USE ?????

    Like Romulus said it's to comply with CARB regulations.

    The regulations are supposed to lessen the escape of fuel vapors. I bought a CARB compliant can for use with my ATV and the nozzle leaked or stuck open so much it was a joke. I released way more vapors through spillage. I still use the can but I bought a huge screened funnel..... so much for vapor's escaping.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rmplstlskn
    replied
    Speaking of MFC's, a creative man on ebay designed and is selling a strap assy. that helps pour an MFC, which is a hassle when full (heavy)... But since I can sew straps I think I will be making a few...

    MFC Pour Strap

    There is also a single version of it...
    SINGLE MFC Pour Strap

    Leave a comment:


  • Rmplstlskn
    replied
    Another reason to move towards DIESEL gensets and vehicles... Diesel stores easily and much more safely, although the refining of diesel has changed many years ago from distillation to chemical and SLUDGE and BACTERIA is a much more common problem... Modern diesel is dirty and breaks apart to sludge easily...

    The MFC's are indeed tough and no rust concerns... I wish I had bought more when Major had them dirt cheap... Some were cracked, or had cracked lid seals, but most were decent, albeit a bit beat up from use in the military...

    I built a shed for yard equipment and gasoline storage well away from my home. If it goes up in flames for some reason my shop will suffer damage but the home won't... I use PRI-G in all my gas storage...



    Rmpl

    Leave a comment:


  • LizardKing
    replied
    Ebay has them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Ahh scratch that, as of 2010 all states were forced to be in compliant with California law. So they will not send the non-Carb can to US.

    FREAKING CALIFORNIA LIBERALS!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Whoohooo: may have found a work around!!!

    http://www.hummerhub.com/WD/I/Wedco-...ns-Catalog.pdf

    From what I can see, the Wedco can is able to be purchased with CARB rating (restricted Democrat states, LMAO) for $50 and without CARB rating (for the free states) for $45. From what I can see it is the same "jerrycan" style, made in America, just only comes in RED though (from what I can see) so not very OPSEC like, but hey still a metal can versus the new plastic cans...

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Thank you crappy Democrats!!

    http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tam...3&M5.ctx=26883

    Is the current heavy plastic version of jerrycans (sometimes now referred to as MFC -military fuel can). However, thanks to our "special" friends we all love in California, and Democrats, they are restricted for sale to MILITARY ONLY!

    GRRR land of the free my @%%!!

    Leave a comment:


  • LizardKing
    replied
    I keep 3 - 5gallon cans outside and out of the sun marked 1,2 and 3. I use #1 on the first month of the quarter, #2 on the second and #3 on the third. That way I keep them rotated without trying to remember which one I used last.

    Leave a comment:


  • Romulus
    replied
    Originally posted by Klayton View Post
    Umm why does the side of the Jerry Cans say NOT FOR FUEL USE ?????
    According to the web site they say "Not for fuel use" to comply with California regulations. Good question though....do the all say that? If they are made in Germany, why would they give a crap what California's regs are?

    Anyway thanks to all some good ideas!

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Originally posted by Benn Gleck View Post
    I agree with 1Admin, real "jerry cans" from Germany.
    I bought mine from herehttp://www.deutscheoptik.com/product...oducts_id=1718 They were a lot cheaper when I got mine.

    I also use Pri-G in them from here.http://www.jrhenterprises.com/category.sc?categoryId=15
    Umm why does the side of the Jerry Cans say NOT FOR FUEL USE ?????

    Leave a comment:


  • Benn Gleck
    replied
    I agree with 1Admin, real "jerry cans" from Germany.
    I bought mine from herehttp://www.deutscheoptik.com/product...oducts_id=1718 They were a lot cheaper when I got mine.

    I also use Pri-G in them from here.http://www.jrhenterprises.com/category.sc?categoryId=15

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    PRI-G

    In regards to fumes, I think he was talking about his kids let the gas tank get almost empty before filling it up. I could be wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Metal Euro surplus cans. I've (accidently) driven over one of them with a bulldozer. It still held fuel.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X