No announcement yet.

soup for lunch... expired in feb. 2010.. what have you eaten,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw that prc has some very old c rations... reminded me that i ate the wife's pickles tonight.
    put up in 2012 crystallized cucumber pickles... she said something about soaking them in lime... and then in cold water or something.. bottom line very labor intensive, and she doesn't plan to use that method again...
    but, they sure tasted good!

Comment

I was going to try pickling lime to make pickles this year; it's a rather obsolete and no-longer-approved method. I am also obsolete and unapproved, so pickles with pickling lime sounds just right!

Comment

getting a late start today... wife was fixing oatmeal, and pointed to a plastic bag labelled 2013...
        we had dehydrated some persimmons and then sealed them in the plastic bag... neither of us know the whereabouts of the "sealer" machine.
        these persimmon pieces will really spice up the oatmeal... got to find that machine or go buy another one... those things are over 8 years old.

Comment

The vacuum I had in SC was homemade and sealed so well that food I packed in 1999 was still good almost 20 years later. Now I have a FoodSaver and it seals well, but I wouldn't trust the contents for 20 years!

Comment

Working...
          X