My MBR (Main Battle Rifle) is a PRT 91 in 308. I settled on it because of its rep to shoot under water and forever. I also wanted a gun in a caliber that was compatible with what my main hunting rifle was.
As for a MBC (Main Battle Carbine) i originally planned to use a AR 15 (and Mini-14), but with recent experience with AK and SKS i would be willing to change to that caliber if the opportunity presents it self.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Standardized Weapons.
Collapse
X
-
The MBR is a Cetme (HK clone) that just keeps banging. The MBC is a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. I know, but it's the same caliber as the sidearm, and I have boatloads of ammo for both. Also, the Hi-Point keeps banging. I've put several thousands of rounds through it, and it's jammed a total of ONCE. The other thing about it is that the first round down-range was dead on with the peep sights. Considering that I live in an area where you have to travel to get over a hundred yards of clear space, I didn't really see the need for a long-range weapon. The Cetme will do it, if I need it, but the Hi-Point gets first grab.
Leave a comment:
-
Standardized Weapons.
Has anyone here standardized on one type of MBR or MBC in their family or group? If you wouldn't mind sharing what that choice might be and how you decided on it would be highly informative. Since I am the one asking the question I will go first. The HK91 for an MBR and the AR15 for an MBC. The HK91 was not chosen because of PATRIOTS, those I associate with have been collecting and shooting HKs since the late 80's and early 90's. You can't break them with a stick and parts are easy to get. The AR15 was also chosen because of the amount of training most have received in the military. Again the availability of spares was also a big factor in the dicision. I just wondered if we have over thought this or if others have made similar decisions as well.Tags: None
Leave a comment: