Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quad stacked 60rnd AR mag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rice paddy daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgl21-61 View Post
    block of wood plus duck tape = win

    AK operators world wide do something similar they do the old "jungle clip" thing like this
    What a doofus. Palm fronds around his neck for camoflage, and a RED HAT!:rolleyes:

    Leave a comment:


  • Spock
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt In Oklahoma View Post
    This is a much better setup which keeps you low if you roll to the side and also provides a way to keep 2 types of ammo handy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfhoGi6S1jA
    block of wood plus duck tape = win

    AK operators world wide do something similar they do the old "jungle clip" thing like this

    Leave a comment:


  • rice paddy daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt In Oklahoma View Post
    But Daaaad all the training gurus with chesticle rigs, oversize lengthy belts and goatees are doing it! Why can't I, you never let me ........
    We used humorous terms to cope with losses. "So-and-so (nsert name here) didn't come back from that sweep. Is he OK?" "Nah, he put on a little weight." As in, a couple ounces of lead.:cool:

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    Originally posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Ummm, yes. Standing up under fire can be hazardous to your health.
    But Daaaad all the training gurus with chesticle rigs, oversize lengthy belts and goatees are doing it! Why can't I, you never let me ........

    Leave a comment:


  • rice paddy daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by runtothehills View Post
    Are your talking about laying down shooting in combat position? If, yes. I can see your point.
    Ummm, yes. Standing up under fire can be hazardous to your health.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    Originally posted by runtothehills View Post
    Are your talking about laying down shooting in combat position? If, yes. I can see your point. But for me, all my ammo is mags, except for my shotgun. The gun is loaded with 7+1, and I have a 50 rnd Bandoleer filled with a bunch of different treats, Superbuck and ball, 00 buck, BOLO'S, one of my favorites, and Flechette's, another favorite, and some armor priecing slugs. The shotgun is my favorite weapon.
    This is a much better setup which keeps you low if you roll to the side and also provides a way to keep 2 types of ammo handy.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • runtothehills
    Guest replied
    Are your talking about laying down shooting in combat position? If, yes. I can see your point. But for me, all my ammo is mags, except for my shotgun. The gun is loaded with 7+1, and I have a 50 rnd Bandoleer filled with a bunch of different treats, Superbuck and ball, 00 buck, BOLO'S, one of my favorites, and Flechette's, another favorite, and some armor priecing slugs. The shotgun is my favorite weapon.

    Leave a comment:


  • rice paddy daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by runtothehills View Post
    Duct tape two 30's together, or they make clips to join together, one up, one down, just yank and flip!,and a lot cheaper.
    Until you have to go prone in a hurry, fill the off mag with dirt, which then jambs the action when the mags are "flipped." Now you're in serious trouble, or perhaps dead.
    Just like the model 1911 pistol, some things are better left as originaly designed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Spock
    replied
    Pretty much. if you are running an AR a redi mag setup or a pair of mags coupled will give the same amount of firepower for way less money.

    honestly this stuff is what i call a gimmick. this is money thats better spent putting it toward a training class.

    Leave a comment:


  • jrn156
    replied
    Cool mags but you can buy 10 brand new 30 rd AR mags for far less than the cost of one of those mags.

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Umm we can buy full auto weapons, you just have to do the paperwork. :)

    Liberals haven't completely ruined the second amendment yet...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bearman202
    replied
    Considering we can't buy full auto weapons, I think the idea of carrying a 100 rd mag is a little silly. Even if I could get a full auto, I doubt I would go for this. The guy with it was trying to get prone, and couldn't do it because the mag was in the way. Also, even people with a lot of training tend to lose it when they're taking fire, and I could see someone melting the barrel of their rifle cooking one of those off. Even the first one, where the guy was changing mags, his barrel was smoking. I could see him throwing that rifle in the trash after that demo. One of the things they told us was that the M-16 barrel tended to warp anyway, and doing something like that to one of them would almost guarantee that would happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Well, Matt already hit a key issue: overheating. Overheating does seriously reduces the life of a barrel, and if your not careful it can completely ruin a barrel. I have personally seen M60 barrels glowing red hot in the midday, needless to say he had started cooking off and his buddy had to do some quick thinking. Barrel was toast after all was said and done, you could place it on the table and see the warpage.

    Second, if you watch the second phase of the video, the guy with the 100rd clips (yes I learned the bad word) is actually firing off canter (as we use to do with our protective masks on) because the clip is so long he cant get into a low enough profile in the prone with it. That = bad mojo.

    Third, if your "team" is not well trained, I could see dumping all 100rds at a single target in panic. That is nothing but wasting precious ammo. Come PAW, ammo will be worth more than gold. :)

    Finally, would I add it to my cache? Probably, because I am just weird like that. But again, I would probably have to take all the above into consideration and use the 100rds clips for stationary defense so hasty prone position wouldn't be compromised, and only give the big clips to people I am sure would not go plum crazy throwing lead down range.

    Leave a comment:


  • runtothehills
    Guest replied
    Duct tape two 30's together, or they make clips to join together, one up, one down, just yank and flip!,and a lot cheaper.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    I dunno, I think thats alot of weight and alot to run through a barrel with heating issues. I have a hard time swinging and keeping the rifle locked in with the heavier mags like Beta on targets. It's great firepower but hard on accuracy. Even though I carry an AR I'm still kinda pushy on target hits rather than firepower. Speed is secondary though not forgotten.
    It would be fun though. I would gladly run it through your rifle!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X