No announcement yet.

where is my Patrots book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have read at least one of them... and maybe two... seems like 2nd was placed over in middle east i think... ld, i may have forgotten to say thanks... so now, ?? years later.. thank you!

edited to add. found one of them death in the ashes 11th in the explosive series it says on the cover.
    i've got a few cowboy books by a johnstone.. i wonder if it's the same guy.

2nd edit... yep... same picture on the back inside cover... eyes of eagles. one character is katie olmstead. prettiest girl in western kentucky. she fell in love with jamie mcallister and they ran away together heading west!
    Last edited by rockriver; 04-19-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Used to have a lot of respect for Rawles. Plagiarism I don't like. I noticed on his writing contest (which IMHO just generates free content for his website) one person had posted plans for a barricade that had been lifted from Kyle Lamb's website. I sent an email and politely pointed that out the Mr. Rawles since the plans were copyrighted. The email was ignored and that article was awarded the grand prize of that cycle. Done with him right there.

BTW- I prefer Matt Bracken's books to Jim Rawles'.

Comment

Originally posted by prc-104 View Post
        The good times are still here.

They only disappear when WE forget them.
        It's always good times around here.

Comment

edited to add. found one of them death in the ashes 11th in the explosive series it says on the cover.
          i've got a few cowboy books by a johnstone.. i wonder if it's the same guy.
          Same guy - he wrote a lot of Zane Grey type westerns that were still being sold in airport bookshops a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Foster View Post
            On this subject...somewhat...has anyone else been watching the current “Redoubt” movement in the Pacific Northwest? From what I have read, they follow the Rawlesian idea of a state like the one mentioned in his books, but adding western Washington state. As expected, the usual suspects have labeled the movement with the typical adjectives.
            I have a friend who moved to ID who could be described as a Redoubter, although she's actually more of a homesteader and rabble-rouser.

Comment

Originally posted by wwdnet View Post
              I have a friend who moved to ID who could be described as a Redoubter, although she's actually more of a homesteader and rabble-rouser.
              Aren’t we all? :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Foster View Post
                Aren’t we all? :-D
                Indeed we are!

Comment

spouse has decided to clean out a storage room. too bad and too full for me...
                  she has found all sorts of stuff... some of it treasures.
                  including
                  a box of books. i have no idea where they came from. i only recognized one of them.
                  with the large variety, it looks like something where i just told the seller "sir, i'll give you a $20. for the box"
                  but included -- now that i am noticing william w johnstone's name .

D-Day in the Ashes.
                  #20!

Comment

Originally posted by rockriver View Post
                    spouse has decided to clean out a storage room. too bad and too full for me...
                    she has found all sorts of stuff... some of it treasures.
                    including
                    a box of books. i have no idea where they came from. i only recognized one of them.
                    with the large variety, it looks like something where i just told the seller "sir, i'll give you a $20. for the box"
                    but included -- now that i am noticing william w johnstone's name .

D-Day in the Ashes.
                    #20!
                    I missed that one too...darn:)

I've cleaned out and packed up bunches of books - there's only so much room. Someday when I'm gone, someone can go through all my forgotten treasures.

Comment

i'm about hoarse... been singing hallelujah and amen!!
                      we finished wiring the new barn yesterday...
                      but the real reason is my curiosity of wm johnstone's that's been discussed..
                      so i put down my current book. and started on #20..
                      up to page 36... and so far it's primarily ben's ranting about the liberals..
                      i looked back to the front of the book. it looks like this was first published in 2000 and copyrighted in 1994.
                      ben, (hero) is so accurate on the problems and results of the problems... that if someone couldn't see it in 2000. it's blazing clear 20 years later...

so. time to knock out a few more pages.

Comment

Working...
                      X