zucchini boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zucchini boats

we have been poor stewards of the small garden...
    therefore. large zucchinis have grown below the leaves reaching very large sizes... forearm and hand combined.
    we have been tossing these into the woods etc...
    we had guests and they were dismayed at our careless loss of product and gave my wife a lesson.

we had no idea. these things are good... and the big veggy becomes tender when cooked with all the goody inside.
    our guests first effort were more simpler than the link below... basically split the zucchini, add some salt, and other spices, some butter, some chopped up chicken and some cheese.

and it was real good... and drastically reduced our waste. i thought we had a secret, that no one knew about. but here's one link

These stuffed zucchini boats are filled with a hearty sausage mixture, then topped with plenty of cheese and baked to perfection. An easy low carb meal!

I recall many moons ago I got a zucchini from a buddy. Musta been 10lbs and 3 ft long.... ;)
    Anyway...we split it...and cooked it like an acorn squash.
    Was a few meals worth ..butter,bacon. Spices and cheese fixes everything lmao
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Comment

Zucchini boats are one of my favorites. I fill them with everything I'd put on top of a pizza: sausage, pepperoni, peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella, pizza sauce, etc., then bake until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is properly melted. These freeze well and are a great way to use up some zucchini. Zucchini bread is my favorite and that freezes well too, but I shred up a few zucchini and store it in the freezer for future baking.

Comment

Working...
      X