Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken butchering video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    I've skinned'em before. I'd rather do it the other way myself

    Leave a comment:


  • MustangGal
    replied
    Russ does a great job with his videos. I don't know that I could use the first method, though it does have its place. I am hoping to be able to skin out my birds, rather than pluck them. Anyone had any success with skinning chickens?

    Leave a comment:


  • DIM TIM
    replied
    Not bad, but for everyone that wants to use the whole chicken, I suggest these two videos.





    I still liked your video there Lowdown3....simple, quick, just what a lot of people would be looking for. By the way, the mechanical chicken plucker he uses looks to be one of the WizBang Chicken Pluckers. They are simple devices, and can be fabricated by most DIY types. I don't raise chickens yet because of restrictions on them by our local city officials, but I'm doing my homework on them now for a rural move by my family hopefully in the very near future.


    Here is the Wizbang site...http://whizbangbooks.blogspot.com/



    And for you DIY types, there is this page from Backyard Poultry...http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/is...y-plucker.html

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Yep, no need to mess with the innards if you don't have to.

    This method isn't for everyone.

    A lot of folks think you need the entire frame of thin bones to make stock with- you don't. Some people missed it that the big bones of the legs make good stock also if your so inclined.

    Like I said, their is a reason some things are repeated 3-4 times, even then some people don't get it. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • miked2345
    replied
    The video reminded me of the first time I watched a guy fillet a salmon WITHOUT gutting and cleaning it first... Here all these years, I'd been going thru the whole cleaning process first - it never dawned on me to fillet it with all the "stuff" still inside!

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    Great video!! I wasn't looking forward to plucking/burning the feathers off. It was to the point showed what needed to be showed, explained why you weren't messing around with the other stuff. I also appreciated the explanation of time and man power, people often forget that.

    Did I hear you right 1/2 acre of beans? Holy Cow thats a lot of beans!!

    On a side note I make my vids so that they can only be viewable if the person has the link. I don't make mine for the whole world to see, but for the members of this forum they are available.

    Leave a comment:


  • southern michigan
    replied
    Yet another fantastic video by the PAW guys! We are almost ready to start raising chickens for eggs and meat. This video is great! Thank you!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Noble
    Guest replied
    Great video! WAY better than dunking and plucking!

    Leave a comment:


  • rockriver
    replied
    another thank you. well done

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    Awesome, been a while since i done one, well never did one, it's always about 20 so we don't have to for a while but in PAW i guess it will be one!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    Originally posted by Klayton View Post
    Awesome, always love the videos you guys make.
    Thanks, appreciate the nice comments.

    Someone asked me once why I repeat certain things numerous times in videos. Two reasons-

    1. I think key points should be emphasized and re-emphasized.
    2. I've had a lot of people that miss something that was said once and then either misquote me ala the "he said that HDPE IS food grade" (nope, go back and re-watch it) or argue with me about a point they totally missed in the video.

    Had I not noted on 4 ocassions that this was more of a "now" butchering method wherein the loss of a couple little pieces of chicken probably wouldn't mean the difference of starvation and not. Had I not mentioned that numerous times, someone would have commented on the video "you waste a lot of meat, if TSHTF you'll starve blah blah talk out of butt..."

    I should have showed how to pull the wings also. Not an excuse but this was about number 6 for the day, gnats were all over me and every bit of blood that was around, it was about 100 degrees, SNOWING and I had to walk uphill to school BOTH ways ;) LMAO

    Leave a comment:


  • eeyore
    replied
    I skinned the last dozen i butchered also. Right now it is the easiest the way to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Klayton
    replied
    Awesome, always love the videos you guys make.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    started a topic Chicken butchering video

    Chicken butchering video

    Was putting down the last of the meat birds for this year and thought it would be good to throw a video up about it.

    Anytime you put anything like this on youtube you will get inundated with stupid comments. One of the big reasons people get turned off on youtube and stop posting videos there is the sheer number of ten year olds and retards that post comments without any real knowledge of what they are talking about... Sorry I got into rant mode....

    If this the best SHTF way of butchering a chicken? No possibly not. However when time is short, you don't eat gizzards, livers, feet and other disgusting parts, this method will get you through processing a pile of birds in a short period of time.

    Yes I forgot the "wings", they add a good deal more work for just a little reward, so usually I don't mess with them.

    Anywhoo, here's the vid-





    Thanks for watching.
    Lowdown3
Working...
X