Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vevor? ccp?

who is vevor ?/ cousin to temu?
    i kept seeing all the cheap ads from temu... and heard that temu was a chinese govt owned operation. so i stayed away.

then i saw a company (vevor) advertising a tractor item i need. i couldn't stand it. the price was a great discount from normal and looks identical.
    so i joined the club and entered my credit card and ups is delivering in a few days.. per the email.

then i decided to find out who vevor is. owned by a couple of china men in china... i just inquired lightly. i've already given them my address and credit
    and postal info. sitting here wondering if this is another attack from the china military... maybe i'm just paranoid..

A lot of tractor parts are cloned/copied in cheena.

When I first got my excavator and noticed the hydraulic oil cooler was leaking, I checked with JCB (British company) about a replacement. $12,000.

OK, I can live with putting a five gallon of hydraulic in there when I use it...

Last fall it started leaking worse, this is 8 years after I got it (lots of hydraulic used over the years). I started looking around figuring I would have to bite the bullet and pony up the money.
    One JCB dealer wasted my time for a month -"we are getting you a quote" was the last reply to a followup a month after they would give me a quote in a day. Never heard anything from them.

I started looking online. Of course Mr. Chinaman had copied this, and the copies ranged from $1700 to $3800. with the higher priced ones sold by American based companies yet utilizing same part number as direct off the boat from chyna ones.

Talked with another JCB dealer, who was actually helpful. Sent me a more thorough parts diagram than my $300. manual showed. Got the original JCB part number, submitted it to a dozen online "find a part" type platforms. A week went by, nothing. I asked helpful JCB guy if the chinwachoo part number would work with my serial number. He replied back no. That was almost a $3K mistake.

Finally I get a reply from a find a part search. Place in IL has one of the originals, $625. plus ship. When it arrived I didn't know it wasn't new. Excavator hasn't leaked hydra since.

I'm convinced I got the excavator so cheap back in 15/16 because of the hydraulic oil cooler being jacked up and replacements running $12K. Patience paid off.

Unless it has the same exact OEM part number- not "fits XXXXX" or "similar to XXXXX" then I would expect any tractor part I saw online to come from the land of much rice....
    www.homesteadingandsurvival.com

www.survivalreportpodcast.com

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Comment

i ended up ordering several small items..
      large roll of stainless steel wire (supposedly ss?)
      large roll of weed guard for the garden.
      couple of smaller items they have trickled in all week
      biggest item was forklift platform for the front of the tractor.. i may have the wrong name.. 36" x 36" platform that will enable someone to work at heights
      such as pruning tall trees, tall barn interior or exterior. this item has not showed up yet... guess i better trust whoever has their hands on the fel controls!

Comment

Working...
      X