Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbonating water for storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • protus
    replied
    city water. stored in a 6 gallon blitz can, in my closet. Its the 3rd one ive used of that vintage with zero issues..

    Leave a comment:


  • miked2345
    replied
    Originally posted by protus View Post
    lol.

    the last 2.5 yr old jug got used last hike.......not one thristy hiker complained at the end of the day.

    I used to rotate it every year but figured to see how long it goes before getting a tad funky.
    This 2.5 yr old tap water.... Is your tap water from the city or a well? Do you have to treat it before storing it? I assume it is chlorinated if from the city. I stored some city tap water in empty 2-liter pop bottles, guessing that the city treatment was good enough... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

    Leave a comment:


  • protus
    replied
    Originally posted by Patriotic Sheepdog View Post
    Knowing how you store things, I would drink it with you!
    lol.

    the last 2.5 yr old jug got used last hike.......not one thristy hiker complained at the end of the day.

    I used to rotate it every year but figured to see how long it goes before getting a tad funky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Patriotic Sheepdog
    replied
    Originally posted by protus View Post
    .
    I have some 2 yr old tap water.....wanna try some ;)
    Knowing how you store things, I would drink it with you!

    Leave a comment:


  • protus
    replied
    lts it may go flat,but you would have to mix air into it before drinking ( mix,shake etc) this will bring back the "water" flavor for the most part.
    Kinda like any water thats sat for a long time.
    I have some 2 yr old tap water.....wanna try some ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt In Oklahoma
    replied
    I dunno for sure but the bottles need to be out of the light for LTS IMHO.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Not sure really. Wouldn't it go "flat" like soda or flavored water does?

    Good question though!

    Leave a comment:


  • Blowmax10
    started a topic Carbonating water for storage

    Carbonating water for storage

    I was bottling some home made beer and the though crossed my mind that I could force carbonate water the same way I do beer and then package it the same way I do my home brew into beer bottles from the keg

    Do you guys think the CO2 would help keep the water fresh?


    This might be a really dumb idea and if so just say so - I'm just thinking out loud here
Working...
X