thoughts on forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on forgiveness

a recent story brought something to mind.. forgiveness..
    a couple of examples.

an ex-manager of mine was a falsehood telling, self promoting, bad boss. it was getting bad... i decided the best thing was to just retire. a few years went by. found out he was kin to "big" boss.. then found out he had a sho nuf bad and painful disease. normally folks die painfully in a few years. i called another ex boss and inquired about the ex-mgr.. well, he's never changed.. the same one you knew... i called ex. he went into great detail about his disease. finally there was a break in his story. i told him i forgave him for what all happened without giving details.. he ignored it.. i thought maybe he didn't hear me... so i told him i forgave him again (3 times total) no acceptance. no apology. no response to my comment. sad result.

an old associate came by the house.. i wasn't home. we had gone to church together. associate was a deacon/council member/board member. financial shenanigans were afoot. i was slow to realize it. but began to ask questions. inquiring minds wanted to know. associate lied to me privately.. i knew enough to know he was lying. laying down the pc response.. we quit donating, then quit quietly. years went by. associate told my wife that he wanted forgiveness for what all had happened. i was shocked. called associate.. he was sincerely apologetic. it was easy to forgive. he had not been the receiver of the shenanigans, but knew that what was happening was very wrong, and didn't want to stand against it.

i suspect that there are a couple of other folks that i should request forgiveness and/or forgive... might be of benefit to me.

edited to add...
    years ago.. there was serious breech between my family and a visiting associate group.. writing the above, it dawned on me that there had been no restoration. so i decided to send an email or call them. i typed in their name on the email search and numerous emails popped up... including addresses for 5 of the 6 . sad result... i had written them back then (2012) asking for forgiveness and offering forgiveness.. there was no response either way... i guess i shouldn't try again. sad end of that story.
    Last edited by rockriver; 03-19-2022, 01:13 PM.
Working...
X