Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC-3A Sensers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tech
    replied
    Haha...that's why I jumped on it! As of now it isn't on the market, but if that changes, I'll give a shout :)

    Leave a comment:


  • 1Admin
    replied
    Tech- you ever want to make some quick and easy cash on that, let me know. You stole that unit, even if it was broken, the parts alone are worth many X's that. Just the four probes alone are worth many X's that.

    Leave a comment:


  • tech
    replied
    Don't forget to keep flea markets and even antique stores in mind. I found a complete, pristine AN/PSR-1A for $60, spent another $25 for a spool ( 1/4 or 1/2 mile) of milsurp comm wire...NIB

    Bargains are out there, you just have to keep looking :)

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    Well if you got one see if there is a patent number on it, if there is we (yes there is a mouse in my pocket just don't ask why :)) can look and see when it expires. I bet that with today's manufacturing systems someone could easily produce and distribute this product.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    I actually GAVE a set to Dave at Martronics in the late 90's that was sure he was going to be able to produce them/have them produced. It never came to being.

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    You would think there would be a product out there besides one that costs both arms!! Hmmm maybe someone on this forum will start a new business and produce one....

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    They have been just about impossible to find since 2002. We sold them for about 10 years. In 2001 and 2002 we sent them by the dozens down to people on the border who were participating in "Ranch Rescue" type operations.

    A few, and I mean a very few, of them and PSR1A's (the hardwired version, better for a retreat type setup IMO) turn up here and there every year. We buy every one of them we find, then test them, grade them and send out an email to the 700+ people that asked to be email notified when any sets came available. They sell literally within minutes. The days of them being cheap and/or easy to find are long long long gone. People want to know "what price on them"- but it's impossible to say ahead of time. I buy some back from old customers that bought 3 or 4 of them 10-15 years ago and now trade a set or two towards a night vision purchase or just for the cash. Even the buy backs have been few and far between this year and I've had to pay considerably more for them. Then of course some of them don't turn out to be the grade and condition the seller makes them out to be, so I take a hit on them. I still have to test, grade and check them once they arrive also.

    Their is another option that will be coming on the market soon, but your looking into the $10K price range for that.

    Their is a CHANCE that a couple of PSR1A hard wired seismic detector sets will be available at the JRH Enterprises "Black Friday" sale that will start the 23rd of November. They won't last long (they never do), serious people snatch them up right away.

    Leave a comment:


  • ssgpacman
    replied
    oldfarmer2

    Originally posted by OldFarmer2 View Post
    Thank You Lowdown3 thats what I needed to know.
    God Bless
    OldFarmer2
    Where did you find the set? I'm interested in purchasing one for work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Benn Gleck
    replied
    I've read about these and was interested but now you can't find them.

    How well do they work?

    And if they work well, where can sets be found?

    Leave a comment:


  • OldFarmer2
    replied
    Thank You Lowdown3 thats what I needed to know.
    God Bless
    OldFarmer2

    Leave a comment:


  • Lowdown3
    replied
    In almost 20 years, even when we were able to find them by the 50 or 100 sets, manuals for the wireless sets were pretty scarce.

    Each transmitter/probe combination will take (2) 9 volt batteries and depending on what type of receiver you have with it, the receiver (mil) will take (2) 9 volt batts also.

    The 1 through 5 setting on each transmitter/probe is sensitivity. 1 being closest or "point" detection, usually just about 5 yards circumference around each probe. Setting 5 being the highest with -depending on soil type and any electromagnetic interference, could be from 30 yards to as much as 70 yards circumference around the probe.

    At the end of a driveway that's maybe by a well traveled road, setting 1 would be more appropriate to us- less "false detections" due to cars driving by on the road.

    In the 'back 40' setting 5 on the sensitivity might be more appropriate to get a larger coverage area.

    Any specific questions regarding use/etc. of the units either post or email and we'll do our best to figure it out for you.

    Thanks again
    Robert Henry/Lowdown3
    aka JRH

    Leave a comment:


  • OldFarmer2
    replied
    They are TRC-3A wireless seismic intrusion detector,sorry didn`t give complete info.They were sold by JRH Enterprises www.jrhenterprises.com
    Thank You
    God Bless
    OldFarmer2

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    Oh i may have a lead:

    RC-3A PSID Receiver

    This receiver is housed in a case with the same outline as the TRC-3/3A transmitter and runs on 2 each 9 Volt batteries. It has a coaxial output connecter that is 0.243" in diameter and has two lugs for a bayonet sytle mating connector. It has a male pin. This may be a "BN" connector, but I have not found a reference for it. These may be part of the GSQ-151 PSID system.
    Stock number 6350-179-1560 (6350-179 matches the TRC-3/3A transmitter). Freq. 126.6 MHz
    DAAK02-70-C-0577 is the contract number. Dorsett Electronics may now be part of LaBarge.

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    I did find this:

    Leave a comment:


  • 610Alpha
    replied
    http://www.prc68.com/I/Geo_ID.shtml maybe this will help...not sure what an RC-3A is.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X