Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your pumps eta: installed

Long story short.
    if you got a manual pump like me. Do regular maintenance on it.
    Me being me.. got lazy, and after last year being down and cuz of China flu..I over looked some basic stuff.
    My well has very good flow. Enough that honestly a pump is not needed. But when I installed it after we moved here I would take it apart lube the leathers etc. Because we had very little flow at the time.
    I noticed it pumping to easy the other day.
    Took off the top.
    Both the leather seals on the cage /ball. Rotted and broke.
    Off to the webz to search for parts..
    It was cheaper to buy a new pump it seemed.
    So after some searching. I found this deal....
    Through hone depot I was able to get a k2 with rebuild kit for 65$... with free shipping to my door.
    I went this route because now I have spares and can rebuild the Harvard pitcher or use it as lawn decor lol.
    I should bought extra seals at the start...but just let it go because o our glow rates. Lesson learned.....
    At least it was a cheap lesson and not our primary water source
    Last edited by protus; 05-07-2022, 09:23 AM.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Good post. Post a pic of the leathers if you can.

Need to check our deep well hand pump. Use it a couple times a year and keep it covered but not a primary so not always on top of it.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault you're poor?"

Comment

The cup was gone...Lil ring around the cage left and missing pieces. The flapper style on the bottom I can't tell till I yank it.
      when this new one arrives I plan on coating all the leather with good plumbers grease.
      The old pump..I'm gonna have to see if I want to rebuilt it ( i probably will).
      More annoyed at myself for slacking off.
      water flow has been great, but when we first moved in, you had to pump to get the water flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Admin View Post
        Good post. Post a pic of the leathers if you can.

Need to check our deep well hand pump. Use it a couple times a year and keep it covered but not a primary so not always on top of it.
        What kind do you have?

Comment

Got the new pump in this AM.
          had 1 issue. Installer threaded the pvc into the metal base with no lube..and i didnt want to rish breaking it.
          Lucky for me the old base and new are almost identical.
          Also l7cky for me. Is when I serviced the pump last i made sure to grease all my threads.
          On install i plumbers greased all the leathers. Sanded the old base clean, lubed the inner channel of the new pump and installed.
          then turn on the water. No leaks at the base and even though I'm rocking an easy 4+ gallon a minute flow, it would draw up water faster.

Here is pics.
          ughh.
          Ill try and get one up

Comment

Working...
          X